Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Posting my resume because I am looking for work not a handout!



July, 2011

Human Resource Manager:

Full-time or Part-time

As a new resident to this Hawkesbury, Ontario community I am very excited to submit an application for the position posted. Please accept the attached resume as my expression of interest in the above employment opportunity.   

I have demonstrated experience and a strong interest in electronics and computers. My training has prepared me for this exciting career field as an associate. I have acquired various skills in customer service, purchasing, shipping and receiving.  I am motivated to sell and to provide quality customer service. I have obtained certification in WHMIS, Hospitality & Tourism, Service Excellence, First Aid and CPR.

I would bring to your organization a sincere commitment to team collaboration with an energetic approach in performing and carrying out responsibilities.

I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you in person to further discuss my qualifications as well as my suitability for this position.

Thank you.

Gil McGillivary



Gil McGillivary

Phone: 1-613-632-8286

960 Cartier Blvd, K6A 1W7

Hawkesbury, Ontario


Objective

To obtain a position in an environment where I can demonstrate my quality customer service skills, and continue to grow professionally and personally.

Summary


  • ü  Strong communication skills,
  • ü  Capable of meeting the public in friendly manner,
  • ü  Honest,
  • ü  Organized,
  • ü  Detail-oriented,
  • ü  Thoughtful,
  • ü  Willing to continuously learn & industrious,
  • ü  Strong numeracy and problem solving skills
  • ü  Dedicated.



Leadership Qualities: baseball & soccer coach

Technical Skills

Computer Skills: Adobe, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint) Apple and PC operating systems

Work Experience

Municipal Employee - Town of The Pas, 2010-2008
Provincial Worker – Cree Nation Child & Family Caring Agency 2007-2006
CounselorKawechetonawaw Center 2006
Probation Officer – Community Corrections 2005-2003
Native Court worker - Native Counseling Services of Alberta 1994-1992
Purchasing Agent - Canada Employment & Immigration 1990-92 Canada Place - Edmonton

Education

Service Excellence Training – Ontario Tourism Education Corp. – Certification in Tourism Essentials (Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council, Ottawa) Certificate in Retail Sales Associate. 2010
Bachelor of Arts - Concordia University College Major: World History/Native Culture; Minor: Information Sciences (Edmonton) 1995-1998.
U.C.E.P. Certificate - (Grade 12 equivalent), Concordia College - Edmonton

1 comment:

  1. Having certification in WHMIS training programs will definitely help people like you looking for a job get a job faster. A lot of companies and institutions are prioritizing those with this certification in the application process as those certified with it tends to be more productive and save at work since they have been educated about the hazards and dangers of the workplace.

    ReplyDelete